Fort Smith Dentistry offers BOTOX® Cosmetic
As we age, a deepening of the creases that appear across the forehead, around the eyes and between the brows result from muscle movement and the passage of time. After years of crinkling they become more pronounced and exaggerated. Fortunately there is a way to reverse these signs of aging and give your skin a younger, firmer appearance. Over 11 million men and women have chosen treatment with Botox® Cosmetic and experienced proven results; smoothing and softening moderate to severe lines and wrinkles while still allowing your natural facial expressions to come through. The treatment consists of quick injections that yield minimal pain and little to no recovery time.
BOTOX® is a neurotoxin that blocks messages between muscles and the nerves that control them. BOTOX® is a natural protein. It is the most powerful muscle relaxant with the least side-effects. BOTOX® does not stay in the body indefinitely. The temporary effects of BOTOX® become apparent 7-10 days after the procedure and generally last 3-4 months.
BOTOX® is a simple, non-surgical procedure that is usually completed in less than 30 minutes. The doctor will have you contract the muscles of the areas to be treated to determine appropriate injection sites. Anesthesia may or may not be used. Any discomfort associated with the procedure is due to the injections, but is minimal and brief. Some patients have likened it to a "bug bite" or a "light pinch". Finally, the doctor will administer several tiny injections of BOTOX® directly into the muscle or gland. The BOTOX® will only affect the injected areas. Because the procedure is non-surgical and non-invasive, it's highly likely that the patient will be able to leave the office and continue with his or her daily activities.
The smooth, diminished appearance of the wrinkles treated with BOTOX® may last up to four months. Patients should wait at least three months between treatments. There is also the likely possibility that with repeated treatments, the injected muscles will atrophy allowing the patient to go longer and longer between sessions. Botox may or may not be the best treatment option for the results that you desire. Call Fort Smith Dentistry today to see if BOTOX® is right for you.
What Is the Treatment Process?
The treatment process for BOTOX® Cosmetic is simple. Here's what you can expect at our office from the moment you arrive until your procedure is done.
Before the Treatment
- A consult with your doctor to determine whether you are a candidate for treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic
- The doctor will ask about your treatment goals to determine where to administer BOTOX® Cosmetic. To do this, we may examine your ability to move certain muscles in your brow area, forehead or smile area. The location, size, and use of the muscles that create wrinkles can vary among individuals.
- Ask the doctor any questions you may have about your expectations for treatment.
- We will finalize a customized treatment plan tailored to your needs.
The administration of BOTOX® Cosmetic involves:
- No anesthesia is required. However, your doctor may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief.
- The doctor will administer a few tiny injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic directly into the muscles that cause those moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows.
- Approximately 10 minutes for the entire treatment.
After the Treatment
- No downtime is needed - you're ready to get on with your day!
- Your physician will give you specific aftercare instructions.
- Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
Contact our office for more information about BOTOX® Cosmetic